Sunday 27 May 2007

Project Changes an stuff

Well I've failed miserably to get anywhere with the Warrior Project so I'm going to abandon that for the time being and come back to it at a later date, I think my mistake was not to have a final idea on how I wanted the vehicle to look and have been unable to decide when it came down to it between a big leman russ, a ww1 style tank or an opentopped steam punk style landship. Time has ticked away with little progress meanwhile and I know it's time I cant afford to waste right now given how fast I paint usually!

On the bright side I've finished my 40k Online Painting Vow for this month with the Duelist now completely done (update comming on that front) and having finished my first AI Thunderbolt. Now I'm gonna crack on firstly with the second three Lascannons (crew's already done) so as too finish that squad and start work on some Roughriders.

The Lascannons while mind numbing are fairly strait forward I've made a start already on the wheels, the Roughriders meanwhile are more of a project in their own right. My plan is to sculpt and cast in bulk the majority of the components needed myself so as to get models which are consistant and will hopefully after the initial sculpt be much quicker to turn out then if I were to just convert them. The drawback is I've never sculpted a complete mini, only converted ah and I've no idea about casting at this point!

I've purchased a couple of the WFB Empire Pistoler box's for the horses (compaired to buying normal plastic horses a good deal when you factor in all the extra bits and pieces in the box), I'll probably start sculpting in the comming week so watch this space for what will almost certainly be a month of much cursing and throwing of of objects!

In other news I've got wind of an exciting project over on the Phoenix Club forums, these are the guys behind the recent Female Cadian Project. Currently they're considering tackling a basic conversion kit for Praetorians (and possibly Mordians) from the Plastic Cadian sprue, it's only in the prospective planning stage at the moment, but if anyone is interested I'd really urge you to go take a look and show some support, the more they get the more likely this is a project which will see the light of day! See the proposal thread here.

Finally hope everyone did well out of the WD 30th Anniversary event, I ended up with a ton of sprues (yay for conversions), a nice trophy version of the new White Dwarf model and an Orc army... hmmm more to paint? Oh dear.

No comments: