Monday 23 February 2009

Helblade Turret (Part 2)

A while back I started work on a Baneblade chasis, this was all magnetised so as too allow lots of options from just one tank, as part of this I started construction of an Inferno Gun armed vehicle, which would follow the stats for the Plague Reaper, dubbed the Helblade - and yes I still know it's a Chaos Aircraft's name!

At my local GCN Club, the Exeter Inquisition, we'll be playing a big Apocolypse Game this Tuesday, a king of the hill style game with the Dark Angels holding an objective (could well be Cypher!) and 'the rest' largely an Imperial force lead by an Inquisitor trying to take the objective out from under them. With orbital bombardments around the objective out of the question (the attackers want the objective intact!), we'll have to do it the hard way, personally I'm fielding my sisters, but to back them up with some heavier firepower what better to cleanse the objective then a big flame tank?!

So heres a little progress, with hope that I'll get the conversion itself finished tonight, to get the holes in the barrel I bought a leather hole punch, this handy little tool can cut a selection of pre-set hole sizes, I cut a piece of thin plastic card to size as the sheath then used the punch to create an appropriate pattern of holes.



This was then wrapped and glued around the barrel.




The next stage is to tidy around the sheath and then add some igniters taken from plastic Cadian flamers, then I can construct a turret around it.

2 comments:

The Inner Geek said...

Shaping up quite nice. I can't wait to see it finished!

SC Mike said...

that leather hole punch is exactly what I have been looking for, you did a beautiful job figuring that out and using it for that nozzle.
Great stuff!
Mike at Santa Cruz Warhammer