Monday 1 June 2009

Leman Russ 2 (Part 4)

Just a little update, I've slowly been plugging away at the second Leman Russ and the result of that is I've finally got one side painted, as with last time I'll do each side then the central portion of the hull before adding a bit of mud and markings to the whole thing in one go. This will eventually be third vehicle of the first troop, though in the short term it's likely to fill the role of a Demolisher - with an appropriate turret of course for my tournament army for this year. Next up, well the other side!

7 comments:

the other Kevin said...

Very nicely done! You're not even finished yet and I am envious of your work.

Dodge said...

Looking Nice Col G....not looking forward to playing against it mind you!

Craig said...

once again an excellent job! I love the colour scheme. was the last one a bit more blueish or is it just the lighting that'd make me think that. i love it, the lines are so clean and smooth!

Anonymous said...

What colour are you using as a base on these.

Could you provide a colour diary walk through.

Cheers

Col.Gravis said...

Thanks guys :)

Dodge, should be ready for some 1500pt games next week ;)

KSB, the previous Russ used alot more Shadow Grey yes, I've cut back to get quicker results.

Anon, I'm using Black Undercoat -> Shadow Grey -> Codex Grey -> Fortress Grey Highlight for the bulk of the vehicle.

Col. Thorne said...

Nicely done Col. Gravis! Love the crisp paint job. It will look absolutely great once the weathering is applied. Again my hat is off to your talent!

James said...

Gaming standard again Bert.